The number one goal of a UX designer is to solve problems visually—utilizing composition, typography, and graphic techniques to guide the user toward the best possible experience. As a proven and driven UX Designer, you have a passion for designing engaging sites and digital products that delight users. While you’re fully capable of crafting and championing your own designs, you love collaborating with a team of analysts, developers, and strategists to define the ideal visual approach, then present this design to clients.
What You’re Looking For:
After at least 3 years of experience in interface and digital design, you want to craft, create, and refine big visual ideas for important organizations and companies. You’re passionate about learning from your coworkers, improving your skills, and communicating your choices to clients in a persuasive and compelling manner. You enjoy the variety of long-term projects for multiple clients in different industries rather than the rapid creation of small assets in a production environment. Finally, you’re a geek about process, streamlining and sharpening how you approach complex visual problems in order to always do better next time and share your favorite tactics and insights with your colleagues.
Essential Job Functions:
Much of your work at PayKickstart will be contributing to improve on the existing user experience inside the application. You will work alongside talented and diverse designers, front-end developers, and programmers. Don’t rule yourself out if you don’t have ALL the skills and experience we mention. We look for passionate, driven people who care about improving their craft every day.
- Brainstorm design concepts, then flesh out your ideas in look and feel explorations
- Work with user and business goals to envision a path/experience for the user through a series of wireframes
- Actively participate in internal and client-facing presentations
- Position and articulate design intentions to your team and clients
- Translate research findings to define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences and interaction models to stakeholders
- Document feature behavior and interactions in detail and provide recommendations based on your analysis
- Produce design concepts that transition easily to other teams, including design assets and comps for mobile/responsive sites
- 3+ years of relevant experience (preferably in an agency setting)
- Portfolio demonstrating your skill in design and UX best practices for websites, web applications, and mobile apps
- Solid grasp of leading graphics software (such as Adobe Photoshop) as well as software for generating wireframes and wireflows (such as Omnigraffle, Sketch, and/or Axure)
- Ability to contribute to multiple tasks in the same week, switching focus when necessary
- Experience collaborating with user research and/or marketing teams to develop low-fidelity sketches or visions for sites, mobile apps, or web apps
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This job requires routine desk and computer work. No travel is required.