We view Content & Social Media Strategy as creating a data-driven and creative outline for how our company will present our brand and platform to the world. As a Content Strategist/Writer, and Social Media Manager, you will plan, produce, and shape content that accomplishes business objectives while delighting users. You are a smart storyteller who combines a researcher’s ability to analyze customer needs and industry insight with a writer’s ability to create and edit content for maximum impact. While you’re fully capable of crafting and championing your own ideas, you love collaborating with a team of analysts, developers, and designers to define the ideal content approach, then present this strategy to clients and guide them to follow it.
What You’re Looking For:
After at least 3 years of experience in content strategy, writing, and social media marketing you want to craft, create, and coach big ideas for PayKickstart.
You prefer a long-term strategy where you can make a lasting impact rather than the rapid execution of a production environment. Finally, you’re passionate about process, streamlining and sharpening how you approach complex problems in order to always do better next time and share your favorite tactics and insights with your team.
Your Regular Responsibilities:
Much of your work at PayKickstart will be contributing to to our overall marketing and outreach efforts. You will work alongside talented and diverse designers, digital strategists, front-end developers, and programmers. Don’t rule yourself out if you don’t have ALL the skills and experience we mention. We look for passionate, driven people who care about improving their craft every day.
- Conduct content inventories and audits, gap analysis, topic audits, competitive research and any other research required to offer recommendations on approach and strategy.
- Work with and discuss with others in the company to understand their content governance needs.
- Design & implement content processes and guidelines (This may include content and segmentation models, messaging strategies, metadata frameworks, and taxonomies.).
- Prepare detailed content strategies to define source, nature, style and specifications of content elements.
- Develop thorough content migration strategies and documentation in line with SEO best practices
- Understand diverse subject matter and audiences, then use this understanding to create storytelling concepts for compelling, business-savvy content.
- Develop content ownership models, publishing workflows, style guides and content evaluation plans.
- Lead discussions and reviews of content strategy deliverables with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop detailed plans for creating meaningful, cohesive, engaging and sustainable content, and write effective examples of this content to guide clients
Test and Revise
- Use available data sets from stakeholders, users, and market research to evaluate content effectiveness
- Develop KPIs to assess the performance of content, then revise content to better achieve business and user goals.
- A/B test content formats and channels to validate suggestions for change and move quickly to implement data-driven improvements
- Solid portfolio with samples that show your approach to content strategy and writing short- and long-form content, especially for large web projects.
- Familiar with usability concepts, heuristics, relevant literature, SEO, and content strategy best practices
- Experience with research practices and facilitating collaborative workshops: preparing and analyzing online surveys, conducting and summarizing user interviews, and conducting client workshops
- Solid understanding of the makeup and function of interactive websites, mobile apps, and web apps
- Able to effectively communicate and position your ideas both verbally and in writing
- Experience working in an agency model and/or as a copy editor preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This job requires routine desk and computer work. No travel is required.