We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
What You’re Looking For:
After at least 5 years of experience in backend development, you want to transform big visual ideas into flawless functionality. You’re passionate about learning from your coworkers, improving your skills, and communicating your choices to the internal team in a persuasive and compelling manner. Finally, you’re a geek about process, streamlining and sharpening how you approach complex visual problems in order to always do better next time and share your favorite tactics and insights with your colleagues.
Essential Job Functions:
Much of your work at PayKickstart will be contributing to improve on the features and functionality of the existing application. You will work alongside talented and diverse designers, front-end developers, and programmers. Don’t rule yourself out if you don’t have ALL the skills and experience we mention. We look for passionate, driven people who care about improving their craft every day.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of the Laravel framework
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient knowledge of PHP back-end programming language
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This job requires routine desk and computer work. No travel is required.